The A-LIST students worked hard throughout the 2016 year to help connect the library with students through research assistance, outreach initiatives, and programming.
Major Accomplishments during the Spring 2016 Semester
- Completed A-LIST training book and associated reflective blogging
- Attended 20+ hours of leadership training through iLEAD and other leadership opportunities
- 60 hours of research assistance at the Research Help Desk
- 28 hours of research assistance at the Writing Center
- Represented Cook Library at 4 different university open house events
- Curated 4 different book displays: Women's History, Financial Literacy, Graduation Resources, Baltimore Uprising.
- Hosted 3 different student group study parties (Transfer Student Organization, Filipino Cultural Association, Girls Track Team)
- Surveyed over 100 students on the website redesign
- Led over 60 high school students in a book discussion on the book All American Boys
- Assisted in lesson planning and teaching two classes
- Posted numerous Instagram photos and other social media posts on behalf of the library
- Took photos for a donor event photo slideshow
- Authored a blog entry for the university Thriving Tiger Blog about political literacy
- Assisted with a New York Times Talk related to political literacy
- Planned National Library Week events
- Planned Finals Week incentives
- Helped lead the Cook Library Student Advisory Board
- And much more!!
Much more to come in Fall 2016 including planning an orientation fair, a Human Library event, and collaborating with Disability Support Services!