Albert S. Cook Library is the campus library for Towson University, the largest university in the Baltimore area and the second largest in the University System of Maryland.
The Library staff of approximately 20 librarians and 30 staff members contributes to the academic mission of Towson University by providing resources, services, and spaces that support student, faculty, staff, and community scholarship.
Towson University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Research & Instruction Librarian
Towson University’s Albert S. Cook Library is accepting applications for a contractual librarian position in the Research & Instruction Department for the Fall 2019 semester.
The individual in this position will provide research and reference assistance as well as course-integrated library instruction in a high energy academic library environment serving a diverse community of users including students, faculty, staff and members of the public. The work schedule may vary. Approximately 30 hours per week during the Fall semester.
• Completion of Master's of Library Science degree from American Library Association certified institution.
• Proficiency in the use of electronic databases, research and reference materials in print and electronic format.
• Information literacy instruction experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong commitment to public service and user satisfaction.
• Ability to troubleshoot minor problems with library technology equipment such as printers, scanners, and pc’s.