Cook Library books and books from other libraries can now be requested for pickup at the library!
Due to construction on the 5th floor, books with call numbers A-M are unavailable.
Time sensitive needs will best be met through requesting from one of the USM libraries, interlibrary loan and by contacting your liaison librarian to locate alternatives.
Requests for electronic articles, chapters, and books not owned by Cook Library may be submitted using the ILL form. Turnaround time may be longer than usual, due to delays in mail and limited staffing in libraries. Requests for books will not be accepted December 7, 2020 – January 8, 2020 due to limited staffing and the University’s winter break.
Faculty, staff, and students (grad and undergrad) may submit document delivery requests using the ILL form for articles or books chapters owned by Cook Library. ILL staff will scan the article or chapter from our print collections and deliver to the requester electronically, via their ILL account.
How do I request an item?
- Go to the Cook Library Website
- Search for your item using Cook OneSearch or another catalog
- Click on Request Item and select TU as your pickup location
- Get an email that the book is ready for contactless pickup
- Pick up the book in the Cook Library lobby during our open hours
What else do I need to know?
- You can check the status of your book requests and loans by signing in to your account on the library website.
- Late fines across all USMAI libraries continue to be suspended for the semester, and loan periods will vary from library to library.
- Turnaround time may be slower than in the past, and will vary by library, due to limited staffing.
- You can return borrowed items to the book drops located outside Cook Library and the Media Center front doors.
If you have any questions or concerns about borrowing, please do not hesitate to contact our circulation manager Kevin Fry.