Cook Library books and books from other libraries can now be requested for pickup at the library!
Due to construction on the 5th floor, books with call numbers A-M are unavailable and cannot be requested. We expect to make these items available sometime this fall, but time sensitive needs will be better met by contacting your liaison librarian to locate alternatives.
How do I request a book?
- Find an available Cook Library book or other item on the Library website
- Click on the "Request Item" link
- Follow the prompts through the “Confirm Request” button to complete your request
- We will pull the item from our shelves and check it out to you
- We will send you an email letting you know when your item is ready for pickup
- Pick up your item in the Library lobby during open hours
- Items will be available for pickup for 10 days before being reshelved.
What else do I need to know?
- You can check the status of your book requests and loans by signing in to your account on the library website.
- Interlibrary loan services are currently available for requesting electronic and some print materials, which may be a helpful substitute for getting a book chapter that’s inaccessible on the 5th floor.
- You can return borrowed items to the book drops located outside Cook Library and the Media Center front doors.