The library is hiring three adventurous students interested in gaining hands-on experience in academia through a yearlong, paid leadership program. The Albert S. Cook Library Leadership Institute for Students, (A-LIST), offers students experiential learning opportunities in leadership, research, research assistance, writing, teaching, marketing, and outreach. This year, we will be hiring three A-LIST students, each with a different specialty:
- A-LIST Student with Special Collections and Archives Responsibilities
- A-LIST Student with Outreach and Library Event Responsibilities
- A-LIST Student with Marketing and Social Media Responsibilities
If you are passionate about promoting academic success, want to help enhance library visibility via innovative marketing or outreach, and are interested in helping students with research, we encourage you to apply.
A-LIST students will be expected to commit 10 hours a week for two semesters (Spring 2020 and Fall 2020). After receiving in-depth training, students will represent the library by assisting at the Research Help desk and at library outreach events. During the second semester, A-LIST students will create and lead projects related to their hired specialty- Special Collections and Archives, Student Outreach or Marketing and Social Media.
All students will be required to attend a minimum of six leadership workshops through the iLEAD program or other leadership opportunities on campus. Requirements for all A-LIST Students:
- Completed at least one semester at Towson University (at the time of start) and have at least two semesters of enrollment remaining
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Active member of the campus community with participation in one or more student groups, organizations, or clubs
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Outgoing personality with strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong collaborative skills and enjoys working on a team
Additional Requirements for A-LIST Student with Special Collections and Archives Responsibilities:
- Must have an interest in history and storytelling.
- Must be detail oriented and comfortable with uncertainty in research.
- Must be motivated to initiate projects and see them through to the end.
Additional Requirements for A-LIST Student with Outreach and Event Responsibilities
- Must feel comfortable talking to people about the library’s services, resources, and facilities
- Must be enthusiastic about connecting the library to students through events and programming
- Event planning experience preferred
Additional Requirements for A-LIST Student with Marketing and Social Media
- Must have graphic design skills
- Must have strong writing skills, particularly writing for a student audience
- Must be familiar with popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Video production experience preferred
Pay: $12/hour Hours: 10 hours/week, flexible scheduling Must commit for one full year (Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 semesters)
Apply by midnight on November 10th at http://bit.ly/ALIST2020
Questions? Contact: Clare Kuntz Balcer, Librarian: email@example.com