Relevant information relating to the current operations of the Albert S. Cook Library in response to the coronavirus outbreak. This page includes updates to library operations, access to remote services, and other helpful links.
View all news and updates from Towson University about coronavirus.
Last updated: May 15, 2020 at 3:30 PM
Changes to Operations
The library building is closed indefinitely. This includes the 24/7 Study Space.
Please refer to Library Hours for the most up-to-date information on our virtual services.
The following electronic resources are still available
- Library Website
- Research Guides
- Special Collections and University Archives’ Electronic Collections
The following resources are available but may experience delays based on the availability of library resources and personnel
- Interlibrary loan borrowing requests and fulfillment of electronic materials
- Course reserves services for electronic materials
The following services are not available
- Cook Delivers request submission, fulfillment, and pickup
- Document delivery services
- Processing new requests to place print materials on reserve
- Lending TU physical materials to non-USM library patrons through interlibrary loan
- Borrowing of physical materials from other USM libraries
- Interlibrary loan borrowing services for physical materials
- Media requests for physical AV materials held by the library
- Borrowing of physical materials (print, microforms, DVDs/AV, headphones & calculators) from TU
- Borrowing physical course reserves materials
Renewals, Returns, Fines & Fees
Many materials can be renewed online and due dates of TU items have been extended until September 4, 2020. Fines and fees are being waived at this time for physical materials that cannot be renewed or returned. Please contact Circulation Supervisor Kevin Fry if you have questions about your account.
Physical materials may be returned to the drop boxes located outside Cook Library and the Media Center entrances. Materials placed in these boxes will not be processed as returned until library staff return to campus, but fines and fees are being waived at this time for physical materials.
Please contact your liaison librarian to discuss alternatives to in-person library instruction for your courses.
In-depth Research Help: Please contact your liaison librarian via email. Please be aware that responses may be delayed due to the availability of staff and technology.
Changes to Events
In-person library events for the spring semester have been cancelled or postponed, but we are exploring ways to deliver some events online.
Special Collections & University Archives: Please contact SCUA via email if you have questions about their resources and services. Please be aware that responses may be delayed due to the availability of staff and technology.
For information about Towson University’s response to COVID-19, please see the University's coronavirus website.